Wetbike.net Forum
October 17, 2017, 07:03:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you need to have your account approved, please email your username to pj at wetbike dot net and request to have it approved......had to disable auto-approve due to spambots.  Thanks

Home   Help Search Calendar Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Carburetor and intake hose connections  (Read 115 times)
teppist

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 06, 2017, 01:06:03 AM »

Hi guys,
I'm having some troubles looking at my carbs that I removed for cleaning due to flooding on bottom carb.
I notice that on the intake manifold there are 3 hoses....one on the top and two on the bottom...
I have an hose that connect top to bottom and the middle is connected to a closed plug on the carb.
Can anyone tell me if these connections are correct?
Looking at the parts manual it seems that there are also an hose connection from air filter....(missing on my bike)..where is this tube connected?
Thanks in advance for any help!
Andrea
tightwad
I can't help it!!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 09:02:08 AM »

The hose that runs from top to bottom is to oil the top bearing, it has a one-way value in the middle.  The other nipple goes to the bottom of the air intake and is used to suck pooled fuel back in to be burned, so it doesn't leak into the hull.

Contact me for: Airbox Stud Kits ($9), Seadoo Style fuel filters ($15, $25 with mounting bracket), Ski Bolts ($2), HandleBar Column Bolt kit (Allen head - $4)
teppist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 02:13:09 AM »

Looking around on the net i found this pic with hose connected....It's different from mine....is that correct?
Are all 3 plugs connected to the manifold or there are someone closed?
Thanks
teppist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 02:40:48 AM »

the other side....only two holes from outside Huh
T Rush
I can't help it!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 07:05:39 AM »

the third one does have a hole on the inside...but its just a tiny pin hole
...its there to connect a hose to the bottom of the plastic airbox, and will draw any fuel out that 'barfs' out of the carbs and collects in the airbox
....The other nipple goes to the bottom of the air intake and is used to suck pooled fuel back in to be burned, so it doesn't leak into the hull.

you can cap off that third barb on the intake manifold to prevent a vacuum leak  
...if its not connected to the airbox("air cleaner")...or how someone else did it, connected a hose to nothing/something sealed on the carb

I think this whole system was designed to help with the air/fuel pulsing out of the carbs when the reeds snap shut(I called it 'barfing')
...the hose connecting the top(1st barb) and bottom(2nd barb or "middle") manifold is a balance tube, so when one carb/intake is pulling in air/fuel it can help suck the excess pressure from the other intake manifold so it doesnt 'bounce' back out of the carb into the hull(airbox)

you might need to switch which barb the balance tube is hooked up to in your case(so its like the picture), as you describe in the op that your hose connects to the bottom 3rd barb with the tiny pin hole?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 07:33:54 AM by T Rush » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: