Wetbike.net Forum
August 23, 2017, 06:14:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you need to have your account approved, please email your username to pj at wetbike dot net and request to have it approved......had to disable auto-approve due to spambots.  Thanks

Home   Help Search Calendar Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SUZUKI DT50 ENGINE vs DJ50 engine  (Read 160 times)
Mass Wetbike

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 04, 2017, 11:21:22 AM »

Hi All
I am very new to this forum and forums in general so please excuse me if I'm not posting correctly.
I just picked up a 79 wetbike with 39 hours on it.
It hasnít run since 89 and the engine is junk.
The rest of it is in mint condition.
I want to rebuild the motor or swap it out.
I have it completely torn apart and was cleaning it up when I found the top piston and connecting rod completely rusted and seized.
I have never seen a Wetbike in this part of the country and the guy I bought it from is the original owner.
I have all the manuals and everything he got from the dealer when he bought it. So cool.
Anyway I would love to get it back up and running.
I've been look the internet over and one of my questions is, is the Suzuki DT50 outboard engine have the same components as the DJ50 other than the bottom engine plate?
Thank you for listening to my store and I hope your group will help me with my project.
Mass Wetbike
Tori
Biker of all sorts
Classifieds Moderator
I can't help it!!!

R.I.P. Brian Maness WBB#20 - never forgotten !

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 11:51:00 AM »

Welcome MW,   

Yes to your question on the outboard engine.   Do you have one located ?

If not, we might be able to get the bits you need to fix yours.  Is the cylinder in yours damaged ?   (and by cylinder, i mean block)

Contact me to purchase any of the following: 1978-84 Stripe decals * 85-86-87 Body stripe decals * Exhaust spacers * Water supply/flush hoses * Fuel pickup tubes (fits 78-85)
Mass Wetbike

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 06:26:59 AM »

Thank you and yes i lightly honed the cylinders anf they and the pistons are perfect. Reed plate ir badly rusted and pitted. Carbs are all clogged amd frozen up. I'm soaking them in apple cidar viniger and hopefully they'll be ok. I saw a new crank assembly on line for a DT50 amd that prompted my question. There are a lot of DT parts out there but I'd rather go through this site for parts.
Tori
Biker of all sorts
Classifieds Moderator
I can't help it!!!

R.I.P. Brian Maness WBB#20 - never forgotten !

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 08:28:50 AM »

I can set you up with a new reed plate and carbs if needed.

Contact me to purchase any of the following: 1978-84 Stripe decals * 85-86-87 Body stripe decals * Exhaust spacers * Water supply/flush hoses * Fuel pickup tubes (fits 78-85)
jrandsu
Wetbike Member
I can't help it!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 01:49:06 PM »

Its usually easier and cheaper just to find a new/used motor. Find a seaflash and take the 60hp out of it, and put it in your bike.
Mass Wetbike

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 06:42:51 AM »

I'm starting to get a list of parts together knowing now that the DT will work amd knowing boat the 60 hp give me tons of possiblities. Thank so much for this info and help. My search begins and trying to get my wife to understand the cause. 😎
Mass Wetbike

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2017, 11:07:10 AM »

Since my earlier post about the crank assembly I found out it's for a 1981 DT50 (Assembly #12200-95212).
Hoping this will fit my 1979 DJ50. Is this a possibility?
This is the first component I need to get my rebuild started.
Thanks
Mr. Weeks
A.K.A Lil' Dave
I can't help it!!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2017, 12:56:26 AM »

Are you in Massachusetts? If so i have alot of parts pretty close.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: