Wetbike.net Forum
August 23, 2017, 06:16:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you need to have your account approved, please email your username to pj at wetbike dot net and request to have it approved......had to disable auto-approve due to spambots.  Thanks

Home   Help Search Calendar Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Surfjet spark plug wires  (Read 91 times)
Cam
Wetbike Pro

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 01, 2017, 11:16:40 PM »

Has anyone changed out the spark plug wired on a Surfjet? Can they be taken off of the cdi unit without damaging it? Mine are very rough and the boots do not snap onto the plugs very secure. Found this out the hard way out on the lake today. Lucky for me I had a paddle with me.

1985,1986,1988 Wb 60hp, 1991 Kawasaki SC650
jgernes
i always arrive for work late, but i make up for it by leaving early!!
Seasoned Wetbiker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 04:53:19 AM »

you carry a paddle when riding the surf jet?   Huh  where do u put it?

5 wetbikes, kawasaki sport cruiser, 2 barracuda hydrocycles, yamaha superjet, yellow dynafoil on the way
Sea-Donkey
The Poacher
I can't help it!!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 05:41:36 AM »

you carry a paddle when riding the surf jet?   Huh  where do u put it?

Sounds like he has a lot of faith in the ole Surfjet!

I keep a collapsible paddle in my couch. Came in handy on a tour ride when we got stuck in a bayou full of moss mess that clogged everyone's intake. Everyone without a paddle got to walk their skis out in gator infested water.

89 Tomcats (2-one in crate)

Past Wetbikes:1989,1991,1985,1983,1988 SS, 1987 SS, 1988 TC
Mr. Weeks
A.K.A Lil' Dave
I can't help it!!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 05:51:28 AM »

You would have to carefully drill out the coil and the pott a new coil in. There's a write up somewhere I'll look for
tightwad
I can't help it!!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 07:46:23 AM »

Has anyone changed out the spark plug wired on a Surfjet? Can they be taken off of the cdi unit without damaging it? Mine are very rough and the boots do not snap onto the plugs very secure. Found this out the hard way out on the lake today. Lucky for me I had a paddle with me.

Can you just change the boot end with new ones?

Contact me for: Airbox Stud Kits ($9), Seadoo Style fuel filters ($15, $25 with mounting bracket), Ski Bolts ($2), HandleBar Column Bolt kit (Allen head - $4)
Cam
Wetbike Pro

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 11:41:37 AM »

I wouldn't normally carry a paddle, but this thing was last registered in 1998. This was the second time I have had it in the water since bringing it back to life. We carry a collapsible paddle in the SC, so I bungee corded it to the deck of the Surfjet just in case. I will try some new boots when I get back to town tomorrow. If that doesn't work I will have to try to get the wires out of the cdi.

1985,1986,1988 Wb 60hp, 1991 Kawasaki SC650
tightwad
I can't help it!!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2017, 12:24:37 PM »

I wouldn't normally carry a paddle, but this thing was last registered in 1998. This was the second time I have had it in the water since bringing it back to life. We carry a collapsible paddle in the SC, so I bungee corded it to the deck of the Surfjet just in case. I will try some new boots when I get back to town tomorrow. If that doesn't work I will have to try to get the wires out of the cdi.

Before removing them from the CDI try an NGK wire extender:
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ngk-8083

Contact me for: Airbox Stud Kits ($9), Seadoo Style fuel filters ($15, $25 with mounting bracket), Ski Bolts ($2), HandleBar Column Bolt kit (Allen head - $4)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: